Does A Leopard Seal Need Your Help?
HOW TO TELL IF A LEOPARD SEAL NEEDS YOUR HELP
- It has an injury that is larger than a tennis ball
- It has an injury to its eye
- It is slim enough to see spine and ribs protruding
- Its is being harassed by people
- It is being harassed by dogs
Call 0800 DOC HOT (362 468) or 0800 LEOPARD (0800 536 7273)
- It is slim but you cannot see ribs or spine
- It is sleeping a lot/ not moving around
- It is crawling on its belly
- It is not responding to people
- It is molting (patchy fur)
Enjoy viewing from a safe distance and report the sighting to 0800 LEOPARD (536 7273)
HAVE YOU SEEN A leopard seal?
Click here to report your sighting so we can continue to track their behaviour and movements.