Welcome to LeopardSeals.org
For everything you need to know about leopard seals in New Zealand
- Stay at least 20 metres away
- Place dogs on leashes
- Supervise children
REPORT THE SIGHTING
- Report your sighting ASAP
- Call 0800 LEOPARD (0800 5367273)
- Via social media – Leopard Seals NZ
- Using our online reporting form
- Always put your safety first when taking photographs
- Try to photograph both sides of the animal and the belly
- Email photographs to email@example.com
It is our intent to move towards better protection for leopard seals in New Zealand waters through education, conservation and scientific research.
We strive to engage stakeholders to participate in all these aspects.
HAVE YOU SEEN a leopard seal?
Click here to report your sighting so we can continue to track the behaviour and movements of leopard seals in New Zealand.